Re: Changeset Extraction v7.9

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Changeset Extraction v7.9
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2014-02-27 17:56:08 +0100, Andres Freund wrote:
> * do we modify struct SnapshotData to be polymorphic based on some tag
>   or move comments there?

I tried that, and it got far to invasive. So I've updated the relevant
comment in snapshot.h, inl

> * How/whether to change the exclusive lock on the ProcArrayLock in
>   CreateInitDecodingContext()

I looked at this, and I believe the current code is the best
solution. It's pretty far away from any hot codepath and it's a short
operation. I liked the idea about using snapmgr.c for this in principle,
but it doesn't have enough smarts by far...

So, attached is the newest version:
* Management of historic/timetravel snapshot is now done by snapmgr.c,
  not tqual.c anymore. No ->satisfies pointers are redirected anymore
* removal of the "suspend" logic for historic snapshot, instead the one
  place that needed it, now explicitly uses a snapshot
* removal of some pointless CREATE EXTENSIONs from the regression tests
* splitoff of the slot tests that aren't committable into a separate
  commit.
* minor doc adjustments

I am not aware of any further things that need to be fixed now (in
contrast to features for later releases of which there are aplenty).

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Вложения