BUG #9366: Default MAXVALUE is incorrect for sequence object of serial type

От kashi@fhpg.net
Тема BUG #9366: Default MAXVALUE is incorrect for sequence object of serial type
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      9366
Logged by:          KASHI, Yukihito
Email address:      kashi@fhpg.net
PostgreSQL version: 9.1.6
Operating system:   Windows7 / Linux version 2.6.18

When I create the new table as serial type column , I found a strange
condition on sequence parameter.
It could be specified as integer, but MAXVALUE of sequence is set as
Bigint.

ex)
CREATE TABLE test_int (seq_int serial, test_int integer);
At that case, MAXVALUE of test_int_seq_int_seq is "9223372036854775807". As
the result, if the current value is 2147483647, next insert operation could
be failed as "ERROR: integer out of range".

I briefly check the release note, but I couldn't find any changes related
with serial between 9.1.7 - 9.1.12.

Thank you.