Re: pg_dump/pg_restore issues

От Leonardo M. Ramé
Тема Re: pg_dump/pg_restore issues
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 2014-02-19 10:08:19 -0800, bricklen wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 19, 2014 at 9:57 AM, Leonardo M. Ramé <l.rame@griensu.com>wrote:
>
> > Hi, I'm backing up a big database using the --exclude-table option for
> > two tables, say table1 and table2. Then another backup of only those
> > tables, so, the final result are three backup files.
> >
> > basic.backup
> > table1.backup
> > table2.backup
> >
> > The problem I'm facing is at the restore moment is that basic.backup
> > contains view definitions related to table1 or table2, hence, the
> > restore does not create those views.
> >
> > How do you recommend to workaround this?.
> >
> > P.S.: I create three files because table1 and table2 are tables with
> > blob data, and we use basic.backup to create testing database where we
> > don't need blob data.
> >

> The --section option of pg_dump might allow you dump the views separately.
> Alternatively, if you know the names of the views that will fail, you could
> pg_dump as you are doing now, but in custom format (-Fc), then use
> pg_restore to create a list file from the contents, comment out the views,
> pg_restore using the list file (minus those views), then pg_dump using
> another list file with *only* those views.

The good news are that I'm using -Fc, now I'll generate the list. I've
found there's a sequence related to one of those tables and I'm
wondering if there's a way to backup the sequence only.

Regards,
--
Leonardo M. Ramé
Medical IT - Griensu S.A.

Сообщение: Re: pg_dump/pg_restore issues
Сообщение: Re: pg_dump/pg_restore issues