Re: Restore postgresql data directory to tablespace on new host? Or swap tablespaces?

От Karsten Hilbert
Тема Re: Restore postgresql data directory to tablespace on new host? Or swap tablespaces?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sat, Feb 15, 2014 at 10:17:05PM +0000, Antman, Jason (CMG-Atlanta) wrote:

> [...] I see how my original "brilliant" idea
> (multiple DBs per postgres instance on one host, [...]) is insane,
> without some specific support for it in  postgres.

"multiple DBs per PostgreSQL instance on one host" is quite
a usual setup unless I am misinterpreting what you say.

> I'm not sure we could reasonably spin them up on demand. Moreover, if we
> were spinning up a VM on demand, we'd end up with the same situation
> we're in now - every dev comes in in the morning and spins up their VM.

Would a cron-ed serialized-into-batches spinup
help with that ?

Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346