Re: pg_test_fsync: "Invalid argument" in the middle of a test

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: pg_test_fsync: "Invalid argument" in the middle of a test
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Feb 11, 2014 at 01:28:01AM +0200, Marti Raudsepp wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 11, 2014 at 12:20 AM, Marti Raudsepp <marti@juffo.org> wrote:
> > This is on Ubuntu 13.10 (kernel 3.11) with XFS (mount ed with noatime,
> > no other customizations).
>
> I managed to track this down; XFS doesn't allow using O_DIRECT for
> writes smaller than the filesystem's sector size (probably same on
> other FSes). The XFS filesystem created by the Ubuntu installer uses
> 4kB sectors, for some weird reason:

I have added the attached, applied C comment about Direct I/O write
failures and mismatched block sizes.

  + Everyone has their own god. +

Вложения

От: Jerry Sievers
Сообщение: Re: pg_restore issue
От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: pg_test_fsync: "Invalid argument" in the middle of a test