Re: pgindent behavior we could do without

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: pgindent behavior we could do without
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jan 31, 2014 at 11:18:17AM -0500, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Yes, it is a shame pgindent has removed many proper empty lines in the
> past and there is no way to re-add them without causing backpatching
> problems.

FYI, the original BSD indent code that added the blank lines kind of
made sense.  If you defined a block of variables or a function, BSD
indent wanted a blank line after that.  When it saw a CPP directive, it
knew that wasn't a blank line, so it forced one.

In our coding, we often want CPP directives with no blank space, hence
the problem.  pg_bsd_indent 1.3 will not longer force a blank line
when it sees a CPP directive, and pgindent will no longer remove those
blank lines.

http://enterprisedb.com
 + Everyone has their own god. +