Re: pgindent behavior we could do without

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: pgindent behavior we could do without
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jan 30, 2014 at 01:52:55PM -0500, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 30, 2014 at 01:46:34PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> > Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> writes:
> >
> > > OK, I have developed the attached patch that shows the code change of
> > > removing the test for #else/#elif/#endif.  You will see that the new
> > > output has odd blank lines for cases like:
> >
> > >     #ifndef WIN32
> > >     static int    copy_file(const char *fromfile, const char *tofile, bool force);
> > > -->
> > >     #else
> > >     static int    win32_pghardlink(const char *src, const char *dst);
> > > -->
> > >     #endif
> >
> > Hm.  So actually, that code is trying to undo excess vertical whitespace
> > that something earlier in pgindent added?  Where is that happening?
>
> I am afraid it is _inside_ BSD indent, and if ever looked at that code,
> you would not want to go in there.  :-O

OK, seven hours later, I have fixed pg_bsd_indent to no longer insert
blank lines above #elif/#else/#endif, and therefore removed the special
case code from pgindent.

You will need to download version 1.3 of pg_bsd_indent for this to work,
and pgindent will complain if it doesn't find the right pg_bsd_indent
version.

Do we need to go an clean up any places where pgindent has suppressed
blank lines above #elif/#else/#endif in the past?

http://enterprisedb.com
 + Everyone has their own god. +