Re: PostgreSQL specific datatypes very confusing for beginners who use wrappers around JDBC

От Andrew Sullivan
Тема Re: PostgreSQL specific datatypes very confusing for beginners who use wrappers around JDBC
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Jan 28, 2014 at 03:38:49PM -0800, Mike Christensen wrote:
> Oh.  The CREATE CAST command.  Wow, I was totally unaware of this entire
> feature!

See, this is why Postgres really is better than you ever think.  Just
when you're convinced that you have a totally impossible problem, it
turns out that one of the brilliant developers has not only thought of
it, but has fixed it while you weren't looking.  In a large-scale
generalized way that doesn't have whirling knives sticking out of it.
(Yes, I have been using some other DBMSes recently, and no, I don't
like it.)

Andrew Sullivan
ajs@crankycanuck.ca