Re: ALTER TABLE lock strength reduction patch is unsafe

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: ALTER TABLE lock strength reduction patch is unsafe
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2014-01-27 15:25:22 -0500, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 12:58 PM, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> > This version adds a GUC called ddl_exclusive_locks which allows us to
> > keep the 9.3 behaviour if we wish it. Some people may be surprised
> > that their programs don't wait in the same places they used to. We
> > hope that is a positive and useful behaviour, but it may not always be
> > so.
> >
> > I'll commit this on Thurs 30 Jan unless I hear objections.
>
> I haven't reviewed the patch, but -1 for adding a GUC.

Dito. I don't think the patch in a bad shape otherwise. I'd very quickly
looked at a previous version and it did look rather sane, and several
other people had looked at earlier versions as well. IIRC Noah had a
fairly extensive look at some intricate race conditions...

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Services