Re: Fix comment typo in /src/backend/command/cluster.c

От David Fetter
Тема Re: Fix comment typo in /src/backend/command/cluster.c
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jan 28, 2014 at 02:51:22PM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 28, 2014 at 2:29 PM, David Fetter <david@fetter.org> wrote:

> >> Certainly, that is how I would interpret it.
> >>
> >> I came across that abbreviation in a first years Maths course
> >> "Principles of Mathematics" in 1968 at the University of Auckland..
> >
> > By my rough count (ack -l '\biff\b' |wc -l), it's used to mean
> > equivalence 81 times in the source tree.  Should we have a glossary of
> > such terms?
> And what about directly replacing those expressions in the comments of
> the code with some more understandable language? This would be more
> suited for non-native English speakers than maintaining a glossary
> that you can surely find here and there after some googling.

I'm interested to find 29 instances of "if and only if" in the source,
which should be the same thing.

Please find attached a mechanically done patch which expands the
remaining instances of "iff" to the longer form, all of which are in
comments.  The patched source passes make -j8, but I have not tested
it further.

Cheers,
David.

Remember to vote!