Re: Custom Scan APIs (Re: Custom Plan node)

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: Custom Scan APIs (Re: Custom Plan node)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
KaiGai Kohei,

* Kouhei Kaigai (kaigai@ak.jp.nec.com) wrote:
> Is somebody available to volunteer to review the custom-scan patch?

I looked through it a bit and my first take away from it was that the
patches to actually use the new hooks were also making more changes to
the backend code, leaving me with the impression that the proposed
interface isn't terribly stable.  Perhaps those changes should have just
been in the first patch, but they weren't and that certainly gave me
pause.

I'm also not entirely convinced that this is the direction to go in when
it comes to pushing down joins to FDWs.  While that's certainly a goal
that I think we all share, this seems to be intending to add a
completely different feature which happens to be able to be used for
that.  For FDWs, wouldn't we only present the FDW with the paths where
the foreign tables for that FDW, or perhaps just a given foreign server,
are being joined?
Thanks,
    Stephen

Сообщение: Re: Race condition in b-tree page deletion
Сообщение: Re: Race condition in b-tree page deletion