Re: Fully-automatic streaming replication failover when master dies?

От Tatsuo Ishii
Тема Re: Fully-automatic streaming replication failover when master dies?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> I know about PostgresXC, but I thought it is distributed database (similar
> to shards of mongoDB). [Though if I am correct there could be tables which
> are shared across different nodes, but that is not the best way of
> utilizing features of PostgresXC] I think it is not apt to call it
> "synchronous" (since there is no replication happening).

I thought non "eventual consistency" type DB can be called
"synchronous", no?  If I am correct, Posgres-XC is definitely
synchronous.

Best regards,
--
Tatsuo Ishii
SRA OSS, Inc. Japan

Сообщение: Re: Fully-automatic streaming replication failover when master dies?
Сообщение: Re: Fully-automatic streaming replication failover when master dies?