Re: Changeset Extraction v7.1

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Changeset Extraction v7.1
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2014-01-24 00:32:09 +0100, Andres Freund wrote:
> I am fine with reworking things so that the first operation of several
> doesn't PANIC because we still can clearly ERROR out in that case. That
> should press the likelihood of problems into the utterly irrelevant
> area. E.g. ERROR for the rename(oldpath, newpath) and then start a
> critical section for the fsync et al.

So, I've changed stuff around to PANIC only as soon as we're in a state
that's unclear.
To test stuff I've added another .so to the test_decoding contrib that
exposes mkdir/rmdir/chmod/unlink to sql to test those cases in the
contrib's sql/slot.sql. Not sure if we want to keep that, but it's
certainly helpful for now.
The required changes certainly didn't make things look nicer...

I've also changed the temporary name used when creating/dropping slots
to $slotname.tmp.

That doesn't remove PANICs but makes them even less likely. Ok?

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Вложения