Re: Add %z support to elog/ereport?

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Add %z support to elog/ereport?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2014-01-23 12:54:22 -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> >  snprintf(buf64, 100, UINT64_FORMAT, ~(size_t)0);
>
> Actually, that coding isn't gonna work at all on platforms where size_t
> isn't the same size as uint64.  We could make it work by explicitly
> casting the argument to whatever type we've decided to use as uint64
> ... but unless we want to include c.h here, that would require a lot of
> extra cruft, and I'm really not sure it's gaining anything anyway.

Hm, yea, it should be casted. I think we should have the type ready in
PG_INT64_TYPE, confdefs.h should contain it at that point.

> I'm inclined to just print (size_t)0xFFFFFFFF and see if it produces
> the expected result.

Well, the reasoning, weak as it may be, was that that we want to see
whether we successfully recognize z as a 64bit modifier or not. And I
couldn't think of a better way to test that both for 32 and 64 bit
platforms...

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Services