Re: proposal: hide application_name from other users

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: proposal: hide application_name from other users
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
* Harold Giménez (harold@heroku.com) wrote:
> This is a separate topic, but in such a case I'd want to know that
> I've reached max_connections, which may not be a problem if I just
> don't need any more connections, but I still need something connecting
> to make sure the service is available at all and can respond to simple
> SELECT 1 queries and a myriad of other things you'd want to keep track
> of.

I've never heard of an environment where you can be absolutely confident
that you need exactly max_connections and zero more.  I seriously doubt
one exists.

The service is not available if only a superuser can connect, imv.
Thanks,
    Stephen

Сообщение: Re: Hard limit on WAL space used (because PANIC sucks)
Сообщение: Re: Hard limit on WAL space used (because PANIC sucks)