Re: Why conf.d should be default, and auto.conf and recovery.conf should be in it

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Why conf.d should be default, and auto.conf and recovery.conf should be in it
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2014-01-16 11:12:55 -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> If we were to do this, I'd argue that the location of this hard-wired
> config directory ought to be selected by a configure option.
> in fact, I'd argue that the default behavior with no such option be
> that there's no such hard-wired directory.  That puts it entirely
> on the packager to decide what makes sense as a location.  In the end
> it's going to be the packager's decision anyway --- it's just a matter
> of how painful we make it for him to configure it to his distro's
> conventions.

I don't think a configure option is going to help much to reach that
goal - unless the distribution only allows a single cluster and a single
version to be installed anything but a path relative to $PGDATA won't
work well if configured statically.

So, if we want to support antything but a) relative to pgdata b)
relative to postgresql.conf it needs to be configurable at startup
time. Possibly with an added initdb switch to set the location.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Services