Re: Why conf.d should be default, and auto.conf and recovery.conf should be in it

От Christian Kruse
Тема Re: Why conf.d should be default, and auto.conf and recovery.conf should be in it
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi Alvaro,

On 16/01/14 10:21, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> 1. it is to be read automatically by the server without need for an
>    "include_dir conf.d" option in the main postgresql.conf.

+1

> 4. there is no point in "disabling" it, and thus we offer no mechanism
>    to do that.

Not only there is „no point“ in disabling it, it makes this feature
nearly useless. One can't rely on it if the distro may disable
it. There are so many out there, it will never be a reliable feature
if it can be disabled.

> 5. its entries override what is set in postgresql.conf, and are in turn
>    overridden by what is set in postgresql.auto.conf.

+1

Best regards,

-- Christian Kruse               http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/PostgreSQL Development, 24x7 Support, Training & Services