Re: Partitioning performance: cache stringToNode() of pg_constraint.ccbin

От Noah Misch
Тема Re: Partitioning performance: cache stringToNode() of pg_constraint.ccbin
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Jan 11, 2014 at 02:10:01PM -0500, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> On Mon, Jun  3, 2013 at 03:07:27PM -0400, Noah Misch wrote:
> > A colleague, Korry Douglas, observed a table partitioning scenario where
> > deserializing pg_constraint.ccbin is a hot spot.  The following test case, a
> > simplification of a typical partitioning setup, spends 28% of its time in
> > stringToNode() and callees thereof:
>
> Noah, what is the status on this?

Further study revealed a defect in the patch's memory management, and I have
not gotten around to correcting that.

--
Noah Misch
EnterpriseDB                                 http://www.enterprisedb.com

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] pg_upgrade & tablespaces