Re: Standalone synchronous master

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Standalone synchronous master
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Jan 11, 2014 at 07:18:02PM -0800, Josh Berkus wrote:
> In other words, if we're going to have auto-degrade, the most
> intelligent place for it is in
> RepMgr/HandyRep/OmniPITR/pgPoolII/whatever.  It's also the *easiest*
> place.  Anything we do *inside* Postgres is going to have a really,
> really hard time determining when to degrade.

Well, one goal I was considering is that if a commit is hung waiting for
slave sync confirmation, and the timeout happens, then the mode is
changed to degraded and the commit returns success.  I am not sure how
you would do that in an external tool, meaning there is going to be
period where commits fail, unless you think there is a way that when the
external tool changes the mode to degrade that all hung commits
complete.  That would be nice.

http://enterprisedb.com
 + Everyone has their own god. +