Re: integrate pg_upgrade analyze_new_cluster.sh into vacuumdb

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: integrate pg_upgrade analyze_new_cluster.sh into vacuumdb
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jan  9, 2014 at 01:03:08PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> > I was referring to the analyze-in-stages logic, which is not specific
> > to 8.4.  I don't see a reason not to put that into vacuumdb.
>
> Right, that's Peter's core proposal, which I agreed with.  The issue
> was what to do with some other steps that pg_upgrade sometimes sticks
> into the analyze_new_cluster.sh script.

I assume pg_upgrade would just tell the user what vacuumdb command to
run, rather than create a script to call it.  If they have to run two
commands, we will output the two commands.

http://enterprisedb.com
 + Everyone has their own god. +