Re: Standalone synchronous master

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Standalone synchronous master
Дата
Re: Standalone synchronous master  (Kevin Grittner <kgrittn@ymail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2014-01-08 13:34:08 -0800, Kevin Grittner wrote:
> On the other hand, we keep getting people saying they want the
> database to make the promise of synchronous replication, and tell
> applications that it has been successful even when it hasn't been,
> as long as there's a line in the server log to record the lie.

Most people having such a position I've talked to have held that
position because they thought synchronous replication would mean that
apply (and thus visibility) would also be synchronous. Is that
different from your experience?

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Services

Сообщение: Re: Standalone synchronous master
Сообщение: Re: Standalone synchronous master