Re: Cluster name in ps output

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Cluster name in ps output
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Vik Fearing <vik.fearing@dalibo.com> writes:
>> You mean that if synchronous_standby_names is an empty it automatically
>> should be set to cluster_name?

> No, I mean that synchronous_standby_names should look at cluster_name
> first, and if it's not set then unfortunately look at application_name
> for backward compatibility.

I think you're failing to explain yourself very well.  What you really
mean is that we should use cluster_name not application_name to determine
the name that a standby server reports to the master.

There's something to that, perhaps, but I think that the mechanism we use
for doing the reporting involves the application_name parameter passed
through libpq.  It might be a bit painful to change that, and I'm not
entirely sure it'd be less confusing.