Re: SQL objects UNITs

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: SQL objects UNITs
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Dimitri,

* Dimitri Fontaine (dimitri@2ndQuadrant.fr) wrote:
> >   That said, I'm starting to wonder about a few
> > different options that might be handy- having the extension be dumpable
> > (or maybe an option to pg_dump to dump them from the DB, or not), and
> > perhaps an option to have the version # included in the dump (or an
> > option to exclude it, such as when run by pg_upgrade..?).  Perhaps
> > similar things for pg_restore.
> >
> > In any case, this is certainly the way I had been hoping the discussion
> > would go..
>
>   http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/18778.1354753982@sss.pgh.pa.us

If you'd like to add to the discussion, then please do so.  This isn't
adding anything.  Tom brings up good points in that thread from last
year but my suggestion was about having a few options *in addition* to
keeping track of how extensions were installed and using that as the
default.
Thanks,
    Stephen