Re: preserving forensic information when we freeze

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: preserving forensic information when we freeze
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Robert Haas escribió:

> I think it may have been a mistake to divide responsibility between
> the prepare and execute functions the way we did in this case, because
> it doesn't appear to be a clean separation of concerns.  But it's not
> this patch's job to kibitz that decision, so this version just fits in
> with the way things are already being done there.

If you want to change how it works, feel free to propose a patch; I'm
not in love with what we're doing, honestly, and I did propose the idea
of using some flag bits instead of the whole mask, but didn't get any
traction.  (Not that that thread had a lot of participants.)

Or are you suggesting that I should do it?  I would have welcomed
feedback when I was on that, but I have moved on to other things now,
and I don't want to be a blocker for the forensic freeze patch.

Anyway I think if we want to change it, the time is now, before we
release 9.3.3.