Re: Adding an additional join causes very different/slow query plan

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: Adding an additional join causes very different/slow query plan
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
* Joe Van Dyk (joe@tanga.com) wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 16, 2013 at 4:14 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> > Yup, that's what I was just about to suggest.  You might want to use
> > 10 or 12 in case some of your queries are a bit more complex than
> > this one --- but don't go overboard, or you may find yourself with
> > unreasonable planning time.
> >

> Is there a way to measure the planning time? It's not reported in 'explain
> analyze' or 'explain analyze verbose', right?

You can just run 'explain' and that'll more-or-less get you there (turn
on \timing in psql).  When reading this thread, I was thinking it might
be useful to add plan time somewhere in explain/explain analyze output
though..

    Thanks,

        Stephen

Вложения