Re: Change my contributor information

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: Change my contributor information
Дата
Список pgsql-www
* Joshua D. Drake (jd@commandprompt.com) wrote:
> On 12/16/2013 11:06 AM, Josh Berkus wrote:
> >>Pretty sure we discussed this at some earlier point and said we didn't want
> >>that in order to have things moderated. But if we do actually want it, it
> >>shouldn't be very hard to implement...
> >
> >Well, I think people should be able to change their contact information
> >and company affiliation on their own.  They shouldn't be able to change
> >their own contributor status, of course.
>
> Right. Let us just manage our contributor "profile", not the level
> or whether we are or aren't.

Being able to manage it and having it pulled dynamically are two quite
different things, of course.  I'm all for letting users manage the
source data which is used to generate the results, but I'd suggest there
be a review process or similar which happens prior to publication of a
change, just to ensure that we don't end up with garbage out there
somehow, which I think is what Magnus was hinting at up-thread.

Maybe we even just have it be an email which is sent out when changes
are done, but if we *do* end up with garbage, it'd be out there for
however long it takes for someone to see the email *and* take corrective
action.
Thanks,
    Stephen

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: Change my contributor information
Сообщение: Re: Change my contributor information