Re: [patch] Adding EXTRA_REGRESS_OPTS to all pg_regress invocations

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [patch] Adding EXTRA_REGRESS_OPTS to all pg_regress invocations
Дата
Re: [patch] Adding EXTRA_REGRESS_OPTS to all pg_regress invocations
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Dec  5, 2013 at 09:52:27AM +0100, Christoph Berg wrote:
> > The change is sane in itself. It won't affect anyone who doesn't use
> > EXTRA_REGRESS_OPTS. Why would we want to make packagers do MORE
> > work?
>
> The patch has been in the Debian/Ubuntu/apt.pg.o packages for some
> time, for 8.3+. I'm attaching the patches used there.
>
> (Sidenote: To enable building of several package flavors in parallel
> on the same machine we use
>
> make -C build check-world EXTRA_REGRESS_OPTS='--host=/tmp --port=$(shell perl -le 'print 1024 + int(rand(64000))')'
>
> so pg_regress' static per-version ports do not conflict. But 9.2's
> contrib/pg_upgrade/{Makefile/test.sh} do not like --port in there, so
> the 9.2 patch has an extra sed hack in there to remove --port for
> pg_upgrade. That bit should probably not be applied for general use.
> The rest is safe, though.)

OK, Christoph has provided a full set of tested patches back to 8.4.
Should I backpatch these?  Peter says no, but two others say yes.

http://enterprisedb.com
 + Everyone has their own god. +

Сообщение: Re: ANALYZE sampling is too good
Сообщение: Re: ANALYZE sampling is too good