Re: What are multixactids?

От hubert depesz lubaczewski
Тема Re: What are multixactids?
Дата
Re: What are multixactids?
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Dec 09, 2013 at 07:59:10PM +0100, Andreas Karlsson wrote:
> As you can see from Peter's message it is explained in
> README.tuplock[1]. Basically it is used whenever more than one lock
> is acquired on the same tuples as a reference to where the locks are
> stored. It can store updated/deleted Xid for the tuple so it needs
> to be persisted.
> I recommend you read the section in README.tuplock.
> 1.
https://github.com/postgres/postgres/blob/d9250da032e723d80bb0150b9276cc544df6a087/src/backend/access/heap/README.tuplock#L68

Thanks. Read that. Still, it would be good to have some information in
normal docs, but I guess this has to do for now.

Best regards,

depesz

--
The best thing about modern society is how easy it is to avoid contact with it.
                  http://depesz.com/