Re: Parallel Select query performance and shared buffers

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Parallel Select query performance and shared buffers
Дата
Re: Parallel Select query performance and shared buffers
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2013-12-04 20:19:55 +0200, Metin Doslu wrote:
> - When we increased NUM_BUFFER_PARTITIONS to 1024, this problem is
> disappeared for 8 core machines and come back with 16 core machines on
> Amazon EC2. Would it be related with PostgreSQL locking mechanism?

You could try my lwlock-scalability improvement patches - for some
workloads here, the improvements have been rather noticeable. Which
version are you testing?

Greetings,

Andres Freund

От: Metin Doslu
Сообщение: Re: Parallel Select query performance and shared buffers
Сообщение: Re: Parallel Select query performance and shared buffers