Re: Time-Delayed Standbys

От Christian Kruse
Тема Re: Time-Delayed Standbys
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 04/12/13 07:22, Kevin Grittner wrote:
> There are many things that a system admin can get wrong.  Failing
> to supply this feature because the sysadmin might not be running
> ntpd (or equivalent) correctly seems to me to be like not having
> the software do fsync because the sysadmin might not have turned
> off write-back buffering on drives without persistent storage.
> Either way, poor system management can defeat the feature.  Either
> way, I see no reason to withhold the feature from those who manage
> their systems in a sane fashion.

I agree. But maybe we should add a warning in the documentation about
time syncing?

Greetings,CK

-- Christian Kruse               http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/PostgreSQL Development, 24x7 Support, Training & Services

От: Kohei KaiGai
Сообщение: Re: Custom Scan APIs (Re: Custom Plan node)
От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: Why we are going to have to go DirectIO