Re: Time-Delayed Standbys

От Christian Kruse
Тема Re: Time-Delayed Standbys
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 04/12/13 11:13, KONDO Mitsumasa wrote:
> >1) Clusters
> >- build master
> >- build slave and attach to the master using SR and config recovery_time_delay to
> >1min.
> >
> >2) Stop de Slave
> >
> >3) Run some transactions on the master using pgbench to generate a lot of archives
> >
> >4) Start the slave and connect to it using psql and in another session I can see
> >all archive recovery log
> Hmm... I had thought my mistake in reading your email, but it reproduce again.
> When I sat small recovery_time_delay(=30000), it might work collectry.
> However, I sat long timed recovery_time_delay(=3000000), it didn't work.
> […]

I'm not sure if I understand your problem correctly. I try to
summarize, please correct if I'm wrong:

You created a master node and a hot standby with 3000000 delay. Then
you stopped the standby, did the pgbench and startet the hot standby
again. It did not get in line with the master. Is this correct?

I don't see a problem here… the standby should not be in sync with the
master, it should be delayed. I did step by step what you did and
after 50 minutes (3000000ms) the standby was at the same level the
master was.

Did I missunderstand you?

Regards,Christian Kruse

-- Christian Kruse               http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/PostgreSQL Development, 24x7 Support, Training & Services