Re: 9.2.1 & index-only scans : abnormal heap fetches after VACUUM FULL

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: 9.2.1 & index-only scans : abnormal heap fetches after VACUUM FULL
Дата
Re: 9.2.1 & index-only scans : abnormal heap fetches after VACUUM FULL
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Nov 28, 2013 at 05:38:05PM -0500, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > I wonder if we ought to mark each page as all-visible in
> > raw_heap_insert() when we first initialize it, and then clear the flag
> > when we come across a tuple that isn't all-visible.  We could try to
> > set hint bits on the tuple before placing it on the page, too, though
> > I'm not sure of the details.
>
> I went with the per-page approach because I wanted to re-use the vacuum
> lazy function.  Is there some other code that does this already?  I am
> trying to avoid yet-another set of routines that would need to be
> maintained or could be buggy.  This hit bit setting is tricky.
>
> And thanks much for the review!

So, should I put this in the next commit fest?  I still have an unknown
about the buffer number to use here:

!       /* XXX use 0 or real offset? */
!       ItemPointerSet(&(tuple.t_self), BufferIsValid(buf) ?
!                      BufferGetBlockNumber(buf) : 0, offnum);

Is everyone else OK with this approach?  Updated patch attached.

  + Everyone has their own god. +

Вложения