Re: Trust intermediate CA for client certificates

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: Trust intermediate CA for client certificates
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Sorry, I should have said:
>
>     Tom is saying that for his openssl version, a client that passed
>     an intermediate certificate had to supply a certificate _matching_
>     something in the remote root.crt, not just signed by it.
>
> At least I think that was the issue, rather than requiring the client to
> supply a "root" certificate, meaning the client can supply an
> intermediate or root certificicate, as long as it appears in the
> root.crt file on the remote end.

That wasn't the impression I got from Tom's comments; hopefully he'll
clarify.  I really don't think OpenSSL actually does 'matching' kind of
work as is being described here..  It certainly shouldn't be deciding on
the validity of a certificate based on that.  I wonder if this is
related to the question which was raised previously about if we trust
*intermediate CAs* when no root CA exists (which we certainly should
*not* be doing, but it's hardly clear what the heck happens when
everything has to go into a file called 'root.crt').

> Once I fully understand this I can post a proposed doc change.

Thank you much for offering to write up the docs around this.
Stephen

Сообщение: Re: Trust intermediate CA for client certificates
Сообщение: Re: Trust intermediate CA for client certificates