Re: Re: [BUGS] BUG #7873: pg_restore --clean tries to drop tables that don't exist

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Re: [BUGS] BUG #7873: pg_restore --clean tries to drop tables that don't exist
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Dean Rasheed escribió:

> +/*
> + * If a schema was explicitly specified, test if it exists.  If it does not,
> + * report the schema as missing rather than the child object.
> + */
> +static bool
> +schema_does_not_exist_skipping(List *objname,
> +                               const char **msg,
> +                               char **name)
> +{
> +    RangeVar    *rel;
> +
> +    rel = makeRangeVarFromNameList(objname);
> +
> +    if (rel->schemaname != NULL &&
> +        !OidIsValid(LookupNamespaceNoError(rel->schemaname)))
> +    {
> +        *msg = gettext_noop("schema \"%s\" does not exist, skipping");
> +        *name = rel->schemaname;
> +
> +        return true;
> +    }
> +
> +    return false;
> +}

In success cases, are we leaking a lot of memory?  In the error case I
guess it doesn't matter that the RangeVar is getting leaked (we're
aborting anyway), but if we're called and everything turns out to work,
are things cleaned up timely?