Building on S390

От Michael Meskes
Тема Building on S390
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

I spend some time trying to figure out why PostgreSQL builds on
S390-Linux, but Postgres-XC doesn't. Well at least this holds for the Debian
packages. So far I haven't figured it out.  However, it appears to me that the
build should fail for both. I'm not an S390 expert by any means, but I was told
that S390 requires -fPIC and the build failure in the Debian package of XC came
from a stray -fpic that was used together with -fPIC. But alas the PostgreSQL
build has both as well.

Anyway, I changed src/makefiles/Makefile.linux to include

ifeq "$(findstring s390,$(host_cpu))" "s390"
CFLAGS_SL = -fPIC
else

before setting CFLAGS_SL = -fpic et voila XC builds just fine on S390.

So I wonder shouldn't we use -fPIC instead of -fpic for S390 in general?

Michael

--
Michael Meskes
Jabber: michael.meskes at gmail dot com