Re: Suggestion: Issue warning when calling SET TRANSACTION outside transaction block

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Suggestion: Issue warning when calling SET TRANSACTION outside transaction block
Дата
Re: Suggestion: Issue warning when calling SET TRANSACTION outside transaction block  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 10:16:00AM -0500, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > > The attached patch changes ABORT from NOTICE to WARNING, and documents
> > > that all other are errors.  This "top-level" logic idea came from Robert
> > > Haas, and it has some level of consistency.
> >
> > This patch utterly fails to address my complaint.
> >
> > More to the point, I think it's a waste of time to make these sorts of
> > adjustments.  The only thanks you're likely to get for it is complaints
> > about cross-version behavioral changes.  Also, you're totally ignoring
> > the thought that these different message levels might've been selected
> > intentionally, back when the code was written.  Since there have been
> > no field complaints about the inconsistency, what's your hurry to
> > change it?  See Emerson.
>
> My problem was that they issued _no_ message at all.  I am fine with
> them issuing a warning if that's what people prefer.  As they are all
> SET commands, they will be consistent.

OK, here is a patch which changes ABORT from NOTICE to WARNING, and SET
from ERROR (which is new in 9.4) to WARNING.

  + Everyone has their own god. +

Вложения