Re: Proof of concept: standalone backend with full FE/BE protocol

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Proof of concept: standalone backend with full FE/BE protocol
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2013-11-20 10:48:20 -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> constraining what can be executed as a "standalone backend".  Would
> it work to insist that psql/pg_dump launch the program named postgres
> from the same bin directory they're in, rather than accepting a path
> from the connection string?

But why do we want to start the server through the connection string
using PQconnectb() in the first place? That doesn't really seem right to
me.
Something like PQstartSingleUser(dsn) returning a established connection
seems better to me.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Services

Сообщение: Re: Proof of concept: standalone backend with full FE/BE protocol
Сообщение: Re: Proof of concept: standalone backend with full FE/BE protocol