Re: Explanantion on pgbouncer please

От hubert depesz lubaczewski
Тема Re: Explanantion on pgbouncer please
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On czw, paź 31, 2013 at 07:25:21 -0700, si24 wrote:
> Can some one please give me a bit more of a better explanation on how exactly
> the pgbouncer works as I am now lost.
>
> I'm not sure if it is pooling the connections cause surely if its not being
> used the connections should go down not up i.e i run the webpage which has
> my map running which is an open layers map reading geoserver all my data on
> geoserver is from a database in postgres. When you start the web page it
> goes to 46 connections and after moving around for a while and selecting the
> different overlays that I have on the map it goes up to 75 connections after
> not touching it for a while nothing happens the connections don't go up or
> down, but when I move the map around and zoom then the connections increase
> again to 84 connections.

You probably are using "session pooling" mode in pgbouncer, and
persistent connections in app.

This is generally not so good idea.
Reasons, explanation, and suggestions:

http://www.depesz.com/2012/12/02/what-is-the-point-of-bouncing/

depesz

Вложения

От: David Johnston
Сообщение: Re: Explanantion on pgbouncer please
От: Yostin Vargas
Сообщение: Re: Table with Field Serial - Problem