reconstructing old threads fun

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема reconstructing old threads fun
Дата
Список pgsql-www
I just noticed a glitch in the algorithms for thread reconstruction.
See this thread:

http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/1290091189-sup-9738@alvh.no-ip.org

in which I just found that the archives were incomplete.  I had the
missing emails (since I was CCed), so I thought it'd be good to have
them in the public archive.  So I bounced them to pgsql-admin.

If you open the initial email, the thread dropdown doesn't list the
added emails.  If you follow the "response" links at the bottom, you
won't reach the added emails.  However, if you open the "flat" view,
they will definitely be there.

Is this something that would manifest in other cases when emails in the
middle of a thread get added later than some later ones?  This is not a
common situation, but it might happen if some emails in the middle are
moderated and later ones are not.