Re: Monitoring number of backends

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: Monitoring number of backends
Дата
Список pgsql-general
* andy (andy@squeakycode.net) wrote:
> If I did plugin pg_bouncer, is it worth switching my php from
> pg_connect to pg_pconnect?

No, let pg_bouncer manage the connection pooling.  Having two levels of
pooling isn't a good idea (and pg_bouncer does a *much* better job of it
anyway, imv..).

> I'd bet plugging in pg_bouncer now while I'm not too busy would help
> me grow in the long run, huh?  I like the sound of that.  Thanks!

Yes.  Note that, as you scale, you can actually connect pg_bouncers to
other pg_bouncers and play other fun games like having pg_bouncer switch
which servers it's connecting to transparently to the app..

    Thanks,

        Stephen

Вложения