Re: pg_dump resulting in excessive memory use by postmaster process

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: pg_dump resulting in excessive memory use by postmaster process
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Ben,

* Ben (ben.fyvie@champsoftware.com) wrote:
> When you say self-contained test case, what is it exactly that you're
> looking for? A script that builds out a DB with hundreds of
> schemas/relations, a pg_basebackup or something else?

Ideally, an SQL script that builds the DB and then a pg_dump command
that shows the high memory utilization.  Based on the description of the
issue, the SQL script may need to only have the schema and not any of
the data.  The point is that it's a self-contained set of scripts which
demonstrate the problem; iow, please put together the SQL script and the
pg_dump command, test that you still see the issue on a clean PG
instance, and then send those our way (if you're willing/able to share
the schema definition or whatever is necessary to replicate what you're
seeing).

    Thanks!

        Stephen

Вложения