Re: Preserving the source code of views

От Bill Moran
Тема Re: Preserving the source code of views
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sat, 19 Oct 2013 22:38:28 -0500 Brian Crowell <brian@fluggo.com> wrote:

> Hello! I'm evaluating PostgreSQL as a replacement for SQL Server in our
> in-house systems. I've been really impressed with it so far, and I'm eager
> to try it with our data sets.
>
> I've run across one thing that would make a transfer difficult. Postgres
> doesn't preserve the source code for views, as far as I can tell. It parses
> them and then prints them its own way. We have a lot of complicated views,
> where both the formatting and the comments are significant. In fact, we
> produce some of our system documentation directly from the comments.
>
> Is there currently a way to preserve the original source code of a view as
> entered in the CREATE VIEW statement?

You could adjust your workflow to use something like dbsteward:
http://dbsteward.org/

--
Bill Moran <wmoran@potentialtech.com>

От: "Huang, Suya"
Сообщение: Re: [ADMIN] what's the efficient/safest way to convert database character set ?
Сообщение: Re: [ADMIN] what's the efficient/safest way to convert database character set ?