Re: INSERT...ON DUPLICATE KEY LOCK FOR UPDATE

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: INSERT...ON DUPLICATE KEY LOCK FOR UPDATE
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2013-10-15 11:23:44 -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:
> (although, AFAICT it doesn't allow for the implementation of one of my
> personal desires, which is UPDATE ... ON NOT FOUND INSERT, for cases
> where updates are expected to occur 95% of the time, but that's another
> topic. Unless "rejects" for an Update could be the leftover rows, but
> then we're getting into full MERGE.).

FWIW I can't see the above syntax as something working very well - you
fundamentally have to SET every column and it only makes sense in
UPDATEs that provably affect only one row.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Services

Сообщение: Re: INSERT...ON DUPLICATE KEY LOCK FOR UPDATE
Сообщение: Re: INSERT...ON DUPLICATE KEY LOCK FOR UPDATE