Re: Looking for some advise on training materials

От Adam Mackler
Тема Re: Looking for some advise on training materials
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Oct 08, 2013 at 02:01:18PM -0400, Bill Moran wrote:

> I want to get some folks some professional development work to do on
> the topic of databases (PostgreSQL-related, but I'm looking for
> some more general material on the subject of relational design, etc as
> well)
>
> To that end, does anyone have any recommendations?  Something like a
> self-guided online course, or a book that's written specifically to be
> a self-study?

Hugh Darwen's excellent "An Introduction to Relational Database
Theory" is available for free (it has ads in it).

http://bookboon.com/en/an-introduction-to-relational-database-theory-ebook

I see he's also written some companion materials that go with that
book, including exercises, though I haven't read those.

http://www.free-ebooks.net/profile/15521/Hugh-Darwen

--
Adam Mackler