Re: pg_xlog size growing untill it fills the partition

От Michal TOMA
Тема Re: pg_xlog size growing untill it fills the partition
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I gave it in my first post. It is a software raid 1 of average 7200 rpm disks
(Hitachi HDS723020BLE640) for the main tablespace and a software raid 1 of
SSDs for onother tablespace and alos the partition holding the pg_xlog
directory.
The problem is not the workload as the application is a web crawler. So the
workload can be infinite. What I would expect Postgres to do is to regulate
te workload somehow insetad of just crashing twice a day with a "partition
full" followed by automatic recovery.
If the workload is too high to handle, the query response time should go down.
This would be perfectly acceptable for my application and this is in fact the
setting I'm trying to find. What I have now is a very (too) good response
time for 10 hours followed by a crash.