Re: Timestamp with and without timezone conversion confusion.

От Karsten Hilbert
Тема Re: Timestamp with and without timezone conversion confusion.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, Oct 02, 2013 at 09:18:30AM +0000, Albe Laurenz wrote:

> > Maybe the question I need to ask is "how can I store the time zone along with the timestamp"
>
> Store an additional field "offset".
> If you want to invest more energy and don't mind writing C,
> you could create your own data type.

Might not a composite type (timestamp without timezone, interval) suffice ?

Or does that still need some C sprinkling (for operator support, say) ?

Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346

Сообщение: Re: Timestamp with and without timezone conversion confusion.
Сообщение: Re: Timestamp with and without timezone conversion confusion.