Re: Minmax indexes

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Minmax indexes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Erik Rijkers wrote:

> After a  --data-checksums initdb (successful), the following error came up:
>
> after the statement: create index t_minmax_idx on t using minmax (r);
>
> WARNING:  page verification failed, calculated checksum 25951 but expected 0
> ERROR:  invalid page in block 1 of relation base/21324/26267_vm
>
> it happens reliably. every time I run the program.

Thanks for the report.  That's fixed with the attached.

> Below is the whole program that I used.

Hmm, this test program shows that you're trying to use the index to
optimize min() and max() queries, but that's not what these indexes do.
You will need to use operators > >= = <= < (or BETWEEN, which is the
same thing) to see your index in action.

Вложения