Re: Some interesting news about Linux 3.12 OOM

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Some interesting news about Linux 3.12 OOM
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2013-09-19 18:23:07 +0200, Dimitri Fontaine wrote:
> I've been told at several instances that this has been made for the JVM
> and other such programs that want to allocate huge amount of memory even
> if they don't really intend to use it.

That's not really related - what you describe is memory overcommitting
(which as lots of uses besides JVMs). That's not removed by the changes
references upthread.
What has changed is how to react to situations where memory has been
overcommitted but is now actually needed.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Services

Сообщение: Re: Some interesting news about Linux 3.12 OOM
Сообщение: Re: Some interesting news about Linux 3.12 OOM