Re: INSERT...ON DUPLICATE KEY LOCK FOR UPDATE

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: INSERT...ON DUPLICATE KEY LOCK FOR UPDATE
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2013-09-18 00:54:38 -0500, Peter Geoghegan wrote:
> > At some point we might to extend that logic to more cases, but that
> > should be separate discussion imo.
>
> This is essentially why I went and added a row locking component over
> your objections.

I didn't object to implementing row level locking. I said that if your
basic algorithm without row level locks is viewn as being broken, it
won't be fixed by implementing row level locking.

What I meant here is just that we shouldn't implement a mode with less
waiting for now even if there might be usecases because that will open
another can of worms.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Services