Re: Strange hanging bug in a simple milter

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: Strange hanging bug in a simple milter
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
* Heikki Linnakangas (hlinnakangas@vmware.com) wrote:
> Umm, with that patch, pqsecure_destroy() is never called. The "if
> (conn->ssl)" test that's now at the end of the close_SSL function is
> never true, because conn->ssl is set to NULL earlier.

Yeah, got ahead of myself, as Andres pointed out.

> I'm afraid the "move_locks.diff" patch you posted earlier is also
> broken; close_SSL() is called in error scenarios from
> pqsecure_open_client(), while already holding the mutex. So it will
> deadlock with itself if the connection cannot be established.

Sorry, I was really just tossing it up to see if it really did avoid
this particular deadlock.  I'm running some tests now with the
attached to see if I can get it to deadlock now.

    Thanks,

        Stephen

Вложения